Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kids and Pictures

Hmmmmm, let's think about this one. Kids and pictures...yep, sounds good, BUT (my famous but,) there is always a hitch. Like "Mom if I smile and act good do I get to go to Cheuck E. Cheese afterwards?" No. You don't get to go to Cheuck E. Cheese. If you smile and act good you don't get a spanking....sound like a good deal? Yeah, I thought so.

Well, try that with 2 2 1/2 year olds. First it was Andy who was defiantly NOT going to sit on that rock wall with the trees in the background. THEN it was Alex who was definately DONE with posing for pictures...6 shots into them. So we wound up trying for 45 minutes to get 1 good picture of all three kids, just looking the right way, no matter about smiles, shirt tails, or high rise pant legs...just ONE picture with all three faces.

We finally realized it was a futile effort and gave up. Wound up with a picture of all three sorta looking and smiling at the camera, and one absolutely fabulous one of Nathan and Andy throwing fall leaves everywhere. Want to know how hard the photographer tried? She even tried taking pictures of Alex while he was helping clean up the leaves...yep, it was that bad!

What percipitated this decision to have the kids pictures made? Well, I suddenly realized that we hadn't had their pictures formally made since spring '06. I decided that what with moving this fall and of course DEER hunting, which CAN NOT be interrupted, it was a 50/50 chance we'd get back in for Christmas pictures as a family, so I'd better take some while the moment was ripe.

Ripe. Yeah, I like that. Ripe. that is the perfect description of the situation, not ripe as in the moment was right, ripe as in, smelly WAY too over the hill ripe attitudes ripe. Ripe as in trick or treat smell my feet give me something good to eat ripe. Ripe as in yeah, you want to wake ME up at 8:15 and get me dressed in clothes and DRIVE me to a photo studio ripe.

And yes, 8:15 is early for everyone in my family. We are a family of late people. We get up late, we go to bed late, we run late, we ARE late! I guess my kids have again taught me a lesson. DON'T get me up early for pictures if you expect me to be happy about it! Guess I'll have to remember that one next time!

1 comment:

My Studio 13 by Carrie said...

Laughing, tears in my eyes laughing!! And, yeah, what were you thinking 8:15 am for pictures??? Do you WANT to go insane???? Hmmmmmm, now when was the last time we had a family picture?? I think Connor was 2. shoot!!!!